A downloadable engine for Windows, macOS, and Linux
DOME is a framework for making 2D pixel-oriented games using the Wren programming language which can be played across platforms.
- No external dependancies: Everything you need to make your game is packaged into a single binary.
- Supports multiple platforms: Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (with more planned).
- Canvas access, with a fantasy-console style API.
- Built-in support for PNG and JPEG graphics.
- Use the built-in 8x8 font or a TTF font of your choice for text.
- Hand-crafted audio engine with OGG and WAV support.
- Simple file IO, with JSON support included!
- Scalable engine design, perfect for game jams, and expanding to larger projects over time.
- Supports keyboard, mouse and game pads with ease.
- Easy to hack and extend, as it's written in C99 code with native plugin support coming soon!
How do I start?
Download the version of DOME appropriate to your platform and you have everything you need. Check out the official documentation for more information!
There's also tons of game examples to help you learn!
Make sure to join the DOME Discord Server to share the things you make, and ask for help if you need to!
- Get comfortable, have fun, make games.
- DOME v1.6.0 - The Terrific Text Update is now available 🎉Apr 22, 2021
- DOME v1.5.2 is now available 🎉Feb 27, 2021
- DOME v1.5.1 ReleasedFeb 16, 2021
- DOME v1.5.0 - The Powerful Plugin UpdateJan 28, 2021